Our Commitment to Privacy
Our Commitment to Privacy
Fidelity Investments and the Fidelity Funds recognize the importance of maintaining the privacy of personal information about our current and prospective customers.
This policy is reviewed annually and updated to reflect any changes.
How and why we obtain and use personal information
Fidelity recognizes the importance of maintaining personal information about you and when we use it, we do so with respect for your privacy. We obtain and use personal information about you to service, maintain, and protect your account; process transactions in your account; respond to inquiries from you or your representative; develop, offer, and deliver products and services; operate and manage our business; and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. Fidelity collects public and non-public personal information from customers and visitors from various sources. Some examples include:
- You or your representative on applications or forms (for example, when you interact with our customer service staff, and when you visit our websites or use our applications)
- You or your representative regarding your preferences (for example, your choice of electronic statement delivery, or the screen layout you specify if you use our websites)
- You or your employer or plan sponsor if Fidelity provides them with recordkeeping and/or benefits advisory services (for example, payroll, human resources, or benefits information)
- Transactional activity in your account (for example, trading history and balances)
- Other interactions with Fidelity (for example, discussions with our customer service staff, including telephone or chat, information you enter into our websites, or when you enroll in our authentication services)
- Information from consumer reporting agencies (for example, to assess your creditworthiness for margin products)
- Information from other third-party sources (for example, to verify your identity and to better understand your product and service needs)
- Other sources with your consent or with the consent of your representative (for example, from other institutions if you transfer positions into Fidelity)
How we protect information about you
We implement and maintain physical, administrative, technical and organizational measures designed to protect personal information and we regularly adapt these controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology.
At Fidelity, we restrict access to personal information to those who require it to develop, support, offer and deliver products and services to you and to operate our business.
How we share information about you with third parties
Fidelity does not share or sell personal information about our customers with unaffiliated third parties for use in marketing their products and services. We may share personal information with the following entities:
- Unaffiliated service providers (for example, printing and mailing companies, securities clearinghouses, marketing service providers, and other entities who may provide services at Fidelity's direction)
- Government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials (for example, for tax purposes or for reporting suspicious transactions)
- Other third-parties, with your consent or as directed by your representative (for example, if you request to transfer assets from another financial institution, or if you use an external aggregation website or service that you have provided permission to access your Fidelity financial account on your behalf)
- Other third parties whose products, services and investment offerings are made available through Fidelity, and which you decide to utilize
- Other organizations as permitted or required by law (for example for fraud prevention or to respond to a subpoena)
- In connection with corporate business transactions, such as a merger or sale of a business.
Our service providers are obligated to keep the personal information we share with them confidential and use it only to provide services specified by Fidelity.
In addition, if you choose to use or indicate your interest in using a product, service or investment offering that is offered by a third party and made available through Fidelity, we may share personal information with that third party in connection with your use or interest of that product, service or investment offering.
Based on the nature of your relationship with Fidelity, we may exchange information with other third parties as described below:
- If Fidelity provides workplace services to your employer or plan sponsor, such as payroll, human resources or benefits advisory and/or recordkeeping services, Fidelity may exchange any information received in connection with such services with your employer or plan sponsor or others they may authorize.
- If you conduct business with Fidelity through your investment professional, we may exchange information we collect with your investment professional or with others they may authorize.
- If you transact business through Fidelity's life insurance companies, we may share personal information with, and obtain information about you from an insurance support organization. The insurance support organization may further share your information with other insurers, as permitted by law. We may also share medical information about you to learn if you qualify for coverage, to process claims, to prevent fraud, or otherwise at your direction, as permitted by law.
How we provide information about you to our affiliates
We may provide personal information about you to various Fidelity corporate affiliates including internal service providers which perform, for example, printing, mailing, and data processing services.
If you interact with Fidelity directly as an individual investor (including joint account holders), we may provide certain information about you to Fidelity affiliates, such as our brokerage and insurance companies, for their use in marketing products and services as allowed by law.
Where Fidelity provides services to you under an arrangement with your employer or plan sponsor, to the extent permitted by you or under our agreement with your employer or plan sponsor and as allowed by law, we may provide information about you to Fidelity's affiliates, such as our brokerage and insurance companies, for their use in marketing products and services.
Information collected from investment professionals' customers is not provided to Fidelity affiliates for marketing purposes, except with you or your representatives' consent and as allowed by law.
Your Digital Privacy
When you interact with us by using our websites, online services or applications (including mobile apps) that are owned and controlled by Fidelity Investments ("our digital offerings"), or via electronic communications, Fidelity manages personal information in accordance with all of the practices and safeguards described in this policy.
When you use or interact with us via our digital offerings, or interact with us via electronic communications, we (or our service providers on our behalf) may automatically collect technical and navigational and location information, such as device type, browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our digital offerings. We use this information for a variety of purposes, such as maintaining the security of your session, facilitating site navigation, improving the design and functionality of our digital offerings and electronic communications, and personalizing your experience.
Additionally, the following policies and practices apply when you are online.
Cookies and similar technologies
Advertising on Fidelity Digital Offerings
Fidelity advertises on its own digital offerings (including our mobile applications), and when we do, we may use information about your relationship with us, such as the types of accounts you have, to tailor advertisements and communications about Fidelity and third-party products and services that may be of interest to you.
Advertising on Non-Fidelity Digital Offerings
Fidelity and these third-party online advertising companies may use the data collected, along with other information we have about you and your Fidelity relationships, to serve relevant ads to you. The advertisements may be relevant to your interests, as determined by your activity on Fidelity and non-Fidelity websites. These advertisements are known as "interest-based advertisements".
You may opt-out of receiving interest-based advertisements from online advertising companies, including those used by Fidelity, by clicking on the AdChoices icon and following the opt-out instructions.
If you generally want to "opt out" of receiving online interest-based advertisements on your internet browser from advertisers and third parties that participate in a self-regulatory programs like the Digital Advertising Alliance DAA program or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), please follow the instructions at WebChoices: Digital Advertising Alliance's Consumer Choice Tool for Web US (aboutads.info) and NAI Consumer Opt Out (networkadvertising.org) to place an "opt-out" cookie on your device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements. If you want to "opt out" of receiving online interest-based advertisements on mobile devices, please follow the instructions at YourAdChoices.com | AppChoices and Mobile Opt Out - NAI: Network Advertising Initiative (thenai.org).
Connecting with Fidelity on social media platforms
Third Party websites online services, and content
Children's privacy online
If you are a former customer, this policy also applies to you; we treat your information with the same care as we do information about current customers.
Fidelity offers several options for accessing and, if necessary, correcting your account information. You can review your information using your statements, or through our automated telephone or our digital offerings. You may also write or call us with your request for information. If you transact business through Fidelity's life insurance companies, you are entitled to receive, upon written request, a record of any disclosures of your medical record information. If we serve you through an investment professional, please contact them directly. Specific Internet addresses, mailing addresses and telephone numbers are listed on your statements and other correspondence.
Additional Information for California Residents
Please view our Additional Information for California Residents.This additional information is provided for purposes related to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (the "CCPA") and applies to the personal information and Fidelity companies which are subject to CCPA.
Outside U.S. Employees
Fidelity Workplace Services provides services to employees outside the United States. For additional information on how we handle your data to comply with local regulations please see the sections below.
For EU and UK Residents Participating in certain Employer Sponsored Equity Compensation Plans
For UK and EU residents participating in employer sponsored equity compensation plans record kept by Stock Plan Services UK Limited, please view our additional information supplement and Cookies policy regarding rights you may have under the GDPR, the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and EU Directive 2009/136/EC (which has come to be known as the Cookie Law).
Additional Information for Non-US Residents Participating in Workplace Giving
- Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC
- Fidelity Distributors Corporation LLC
- Fidelity Workplace Services LLC
- Fidelity Investments Institutional Operations Company, Inc.
- Fidelity Management Trust Company
- Fidelity Personal Trust Company, FSB
- Fidelity Personal and Workplace Advisors LLC
- Fidelity Stock Plan Services, LLC
- Fidelity Institutional Wealth Adviser LLC
- Fidelity Investments Life Insurance Company
- Empire Fidelity Investments Life Insurance Company
- Fidelity Health Insurance Services, LLC
- Fidelity Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Fidelity Wealth Technologies LLC
- FIAM LLC
- National Financial Services LLC
- Strategic Advisers LLC
- Other companies owned by Fidelity Investments using the Fidelity name to provide financial or payroll services to customers
- Information provided by you or your representative on applications or other forms furnished to the Funds or through other interactions that you or your representative have with the Funds
- Information arising from your investments in or accounts with the Funds
- Information the Funds receive from a consumer reporting agency
The Funds employ physical, electronic, and procedural controls to safeguard your information. For example, the Funds authorize access to your personal and account information only for personnel who need that information in order to provide products or services to you.
The Funds do not disclose any non-public personal information about you, except as permitted by law. For example, the Funds have entered into a number of arrangements with Fidelity Investments to provide for investment management, distribution and servicing of the Funds.
If you decide to close your account, the Funds will continue to adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this policy.