Report an Online Security Issue
If you suspect your online security has been compromised, follow these steps to help control the problem.
1. Contact Fidelity as soon as possible at 800-835-5095.
2. Contact the fraud department at one of the three major credit bureaus to request that a fraud alert be placed on your file.
- TransUnion: 800-680-7289
- Equifax: 800-525-6285
- Experian: 888-397-3742
3. Change your usernames and passwords on all online accounts.
4. File a police report and obtain a copy to provide to your creditors if asked.
5. File a report with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC will use this information in their investigations to better understand the online security issues facing victims.Virus or malware on your computer
1. Check to ensure your personal computer has the most recent security patches and antivirus software.
2. Run a scan and clean up any malware that is found.Suspicious email
If you're concerned that an email you've received is fraudulent, or you want to confirm that the email is really from Fidelity, we can help you verify that it is legitimate.
Please send a message to email@example.com with the following information:
1. The suspected email, either forwarded to us as part of your message, or included as an attachment
2. Your full name, email address, and phone number associated with your Fidelity or NetBenefits account(s)
3. Your answers (yes or no) to the following questions:
- Did you click on any links or images within the suspected email?
- Did you enter or submit your login credentials?